Highlights of the year July 1, 2015- June 30, 2016:
• A proposal was awarded by the National Science Foundation Major Research Instrumentation Program for a new transmission electron microscope, Principal Investigator, Susan Anagnost. The proposal MRI: Acquisition of a Cryo Field Emission Transmission Electron Microscope sought financial support for the acquisition of a cryo field emission scanning transmission electron microscope (FES/TEM) to replace the current 30 year old transmission electron microscope in the NC Brown Center for Ultrastructure Studies at SUNY-ESF. The award of $1.12M funds 70% of the project costs, with 30% additional cost share from ESF, SU, UMU and NYSTAR, for total project cost of $1.6M.
• Teaching: Microscopy course offered were: MCR 484, MCR 783, MCR 480, MCR 570, MCR 683, MCR 685, MCR 785.
• Offered NC Brown Ultrastructure Center expertise and services to the following businesses: Car-Freshner Corp., CSArch, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Schoder Rivers Engineers.
• Class demonstrations of the scanning electron microscope were provided by Dr. Anagnost for ENS 132.
• Changes in management of microscopes. Provost Bruce Bongarten made the decision that Analytical and Technical Services would manage the use and maintenance of the electron microscopes.
Anagnost, Susan E., "NC Brown Center Annual Report 2015-2016" (2016). N.C. Brown Center for Ultrastructure Studies. 1.